Wednesday 28 May 2008

Check Baby Check Baby, 1-2-3-4

Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect

Every time I think I’m over the lure of ambulance-chasing, I find myself missing it. The thrill. The excitement. The spontaneity of not know what’s going to happen on a day-to-day basis. I was so sure I’d let go of my on-air aspirations . . .

I got a message yesterday from a producer asking if I could cover a particular story this weekend. I’d be all over it but here’s the rub – I’m in Hong Kong and the story is thousands of kilometres away back in Vancouver. God damn, I have horrible timing.

I miss the prep, the lights, the script-writing, the cameras . . . heck, I even miss carrying a heavy-ass tripod. My poor microphone is probably covered with cobwebs . . . just begging for some attention, unwilling to be hung up just . . . like . . . that.

The weather here today is pretty gloomy – kind of feels like Vancouver in late-October, except it’s nearly 30 degrees out. But somehow it's not quite as horrible as I would've thought . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! Rump Shaker will always be a classic, my dear.

Awe... being seperated from something you love always leaves you with an unscratchable itch. I hope your return to the spotlight is gloriously fulfilling!

Hong Kong, eh? Eat some good food for me please. The company has stationed me in the middle of Nowhere, USA, where I represent the entire asian community and my selection of food comes from Walmart. *sigh* I would give anything to be sitting across the table from you, splitting dimsum and enjoying your smile.

Have a wonderful day, okay?

Back to Xangaland I go...