Monday 26 May 2008

Could You Trade Your Lessons To Have Grown Up In The Process?

One Year - The Get Up Kids

I've come to notice that's just about one year past the day that I decided to make some major life changes. I was in a bad spot a year ago . . . then one day I just did it. Out with those who were toxic in my life. It's probably the best move I've ever made. Some might say that it was a choice others made for me. What I believe is that I could still be in that rut . . . and I am so thankful to those who came and made me see what I was worth . . . and realise I shouldn't be wasting it.

It was incredible how immediate the positive effects were. Re-acquainting myself with people who have always been there, but never in that proximity. Meeting new people who quickly became people who've got my back and I, in return, have theirs.

I guess I'm just kind of looking back in wonder at how much things can change in one year.

I guess I'm a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope life continues to be wonderful to you, my dear. You deserve it. You've come a long way since you've abandoned chaos. I'm glad the adventure has been beautiful.

Continue to smile bright!

I'm still keeping your seat for you in Xangaland~