Thursday 1 May 2008

Here I Am, Stuck In The Middle With You

Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealer's Wheel
Today's witty lyrical title brought to you by Fruit Of The Loom and their amusing commercial from a few years ago.


A quick blurb about fashion in Hong Kong.

Point 1:

Daily observation leads to this question . . . Do thongs not exist in this city? Surely they do because people know the term "t-back". But why is it that everyday when I make my commute to and from work, I see visible panty lines underneath the tailored skirts/pants of almost every female in Central District? Could it be that there is still a taboo behind the concept?

I remember when my mother first discovered that I owned thongs. You'd have thought it was World War III with the amount of crap I got from her because she didn't understand the concept of minimizing VPLs. In her mind, owning a thong was the equivalent of being a slut . . . so imagine her frustration when all of her protests against thongs were met with a quizzical reaction from me.

Geez ladies, don't ruin the look of your outfit with VPLs. That's just . . . wrong. No one wants to see them. Eew.

Point 2:

Guys in Vancouver rarely wear French cuffs. So whenever I saw a guy with them [yes you, Hippo], I'd be like "Oh, that's hot."

Guys in Hong Kong always wear them. About 90% of the males I encounter prefer the style to normal cuffs. And now I'm desperately hoping that I don't get sick of them. Damnit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*grabs pen and notepad* ... french cuffs. Got it. Which way do you walk home again? Ha! My dear, are you checking out woman as they walk by? Naughty!

I hope you had a wonderful stress-free weekend. Don't worry, i'm still saving your seat at the Xanga Empire dinner table. Take care and smile!
~Turbodog