Tuesday 16 September 2008

Friends Say I'm Crazy 'Cause Easily I Fall In Love, "You Gotta Do It Different [G], This Time"

Someone To Call My Lover - Janet Jackson

Absolutely exhausting long weekend . . . experienced only my second true hangover EVER [the first being after me and Grunt's 25th joint birthday party]. Gaaaah . . . Don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to go so hard. Events of Sunday night are kind of a blur though bits and pieces are coming back slooooowly.

Note: Real men dress sharp.
And for the most part . . . guys who go to these clubs in HK do their due diligence to make sure they are presentable. But buddy at the club was certainly not dressed sharp. And his dance moves were certifiably sans rhythm. So why he thought he might get my attention by following me around for two hours is beyond me. And coming up to me and saying, "I see you again" in some horrifying accent is even more baffling . . . considering every time I had noticed him hovering around, my friends and I would make a quick dash. Hey guy, see the message? Get the message and go. Please.

Anyway . . . moving on.
I'm not the kind of person who goes halfway. I approach things with a certain amount of caution, but rarely do I dilly-dally about deciding whether I like something or someone. Putting it differently and specifically in regards to guys . . . when I like someone, I kind of get tunnel vision. And I never really "kind of" like someone, it's always all the way. This is when I get in trouble. This is when I become vulnerable. And this is when I freeze because I get scared.

Don't really know what the point is . . . truth be told, I've been hit on more times in the last three weeks than I have in the last three years . . . but I came out of this weekend feeling kind of empty. =(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superficial men always dress sharp: it's like saying some female is beautiful: is it a meaningful comment?: no, not at all. Had he said "I love your insides. I want to do you", then he would have at least been honourable and decent. A similar analogy is true of the always sharply dressed man: he looks great and has lots of money, but he is full of hypocrisy.

The reality is you can never really tell how someone is just by looking at them. I always forget this.