Sunday 3 August 2008

I Hate To Go And Leave This Pretty Sight

So Long, Farewell - The Sound Of Music


My flight back to Hong Kong is leaving in roughly seven and a half hours. At seven-thirty in the morning, the light outside my window is brilliant. I haven't slept all night, having stayed up to pack.

When I leave my house this afternoon, it will be for the last time. My parents are selling our family home of nearly twenty years. The thought of that breaks my heart. This house was custom built for us and we moved in three days after I turned eight. As I grew up, no matter where I had gone, it was always with the comfort that I would have this home to return to.

The next time I set foot in Vancouver, my home will already have become someone else's home. So then . . . will Vancouver feel the same?

Thank you for being a venue at which my friends and I have managed to create some incredibly unforgettable memories.

Adieu. The home I love, the sky I love.

No comments: