Tuesday 1 April 2008

The Blues Are Still Blue

The Blues Are Still Blue - Belle & Sebastian

A cute little ditty by Belle & Sebastian.









This was [still is?] constantly on rotation at the in-house radio station of my journalism school [Evolution 107.9]. I used to go into the booth a few minutes before my newscast - enough time to get myself settled and make sure the cast's Burli stuff was in order. I'd sit in there with the headphones on and would usually hear the song before my cast. Whenever this song came on, I'd always feel cheered up. One time, I absentmindedly started dancing in my chair . . . until I looked up realising that the radio show hosts were staring at me through the control room window. Oops.

When the song was over they announced to our listeners that the news was up next, with a girl who really seemed like enjoy the song. =]

Just a neat little memory that came to mind when iTunes randomly shuffled to that song.
Shoutout to Turbodog: Thanks for visiting and leaving your comments. They make the blues a little less blue. You bringing Xanga back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Borderless Reporter! I'm jiving to the song you posted. I like it. By the sounds coming from the base of my chair, I think i'm dancing a little too wildly. Don't ever feel embarrassed about dancing in public. People are meant to love, laugh and express themselves no-holds-barred. It's what makes us unique. Who says you aren't allowed to skip in a squiggley pattern while everyone else marches in a straight line? Well, aside from military formations, the world is how WE want it to be. Let's dance!

My dear... you're sweet (but I think you already know that). Thank you for the shoutout. You have succeeded in making me blush. It may not seem like a big thing but it means alot to me. I don't think i've done that for the past year or so. After going through so much, I thought certain things in me, like blushing and genuine smiles, were dying away. I guess a little CPR for the soul via kind words brought life back to my face. You made that happen. Thank you. Heck, i'm blushing now. See? I'm glad that I could bring some positivity to your day. When Bill Gates invents online teleportation devices for our PC's, I promise to whip you up a venti carmel machiatto with extra carmel and whipped cream (mornings) and a fresh fruit smoothie of your choice (end of day). Who says we can't throw sweetness into the mix for bitter-blue days?

I hope everything's going well for our Borderless Reporter. If not, i'm always a mouse click away. Smile bright and dance randomly... just because.