Wednesday 18 January 2012

張學友1/2世紀溫哥華演唱會 [Jacky Cheung 1/2 Century Tour Live In Vancouver]


If memory serves me right, I first saw Jacky Cheung live in a charity show he performed in during the 90s. But being probably my most favourite Asian singer, seeing Jacky headline a show has been on my bucket list for a very very long time. So when he announced his current tour would stop in Vancouver, I made every effort to be there in person.

Needless to say, he did not disappoint. In what he says was his 109th concert, he hit the stage shortly after 8pm and went on for three hours straight. Sure, I got a little restless when he sang several songs in a row in Mandarin. But I'm sure I would've loved it if I was a little more familiar with his Mandarin hits. And it was also too bad he messed around with the tempo and style of a few of his classic hits. But in all . . . the guy sang for three hours straight, dancing and even doing the splits! For a 50-year-old, what else could you ask for?

Below is his setlist, with some of my personal notes:

花花公子 - didn't expect this, one of his earliest hits
小姐貴姓
初吻
你是我今生唯一傳奇
妳的名字, 我的姓氏 - first goosebumps of the night here
情願 - and here begins the string of Mandarin songs
一滴淚
人在雨中
三分拍
如果·愛 - goosebumps again, my favourite Mandarin song of Jacky's
天氣這麼熱
吻别[ROCK版] - wish he had performed the original version
當愛變成習慣
我應該
肥姐 - this was unexpected, a tribute to Lydia Shum
愛網[JAZZ版]
情人的眼淚
我真的受傷了 - love love love
Life Is Like A Dream
Double Trouble
李香蘭
每天愛你多一些[粵語版] - this is when I started feeling like a kid again
她來聽我的演唱會
心碎了無痕
心如刀割
餓狼傳說
頭髮亂了
這個冬天不太冷[粵語版] - this is what everyone had been waiting for, a series of the old songs
分手總要在雨天 - at this point, you could tell people were loving it, cell phone lights exploded in the round in lieu of lighters
遙遠的她[粵語版]
一千個傷心的理由
只想一生跟你走
祝福[JAZZ版]

Not a bad way to spend a Friday the 13th, eh?

No comments: