Friday 1 May 2009

Your Heart Is True, You're A Pal And A Confidante

Thank You For Being A Friend - Cynthia Fee

Earlier this week, Bea Arthur passed away at the age of eighty-six. I hadn't paid much attention to her career after the heyday of The Golden Girls, but last night I found myself heading over to Youtube and looking up that old familiar theme song.



Then for the next half hour, I ended up linking to all these different clips . . . of theme songs from the past . . . and I'm talking the ones from shows in the early to mid-80s . . . ones you might not remember until you hear them. I was pretty young when most of these shows were on . . . I guess I have my sister to thank for exposing me to them. =) Sit back and take this journey back with me, would you? I bet you can't help but sing along!!!

Perfect Strangers [also came across the Dance Of Joy - a comment said "Balki was like an early Borat . . . hahaha *high five*]


Silver Spoons [Who would've thought little Ricky Schroder would grow up to be NYPD Blue? I always wanted his cool train.]


Gimme A Break


Punky Brewster


Facts Of Life


Charles In Charge [Starring a pre-Baywatch Nicole Eggert!]


Who's The Boss?


Mr. Belvedere


Head Of The Class


Family Ties [I *heart* Michael J. Fox!]


Growing Pains [darn, couldn't find the version with Leonardo DiCaprio in it . . . the younger Alan Thicke picture looks EXACTLY like Robin Thickes does now]


The Greatest American Hero


The Hogan Family [Josie Bissett pre-Jane Mancini on Melrose Place and Josh Taylor before he was Dylan McKay's father on 90210!]


Out Of This World


Empty Nest


Quantum Leap [Can't find the proper visual for this, poop.]


A Different World [Dwayne Wayne - just saying that name makes me laugh.]


Hanging' With Mr. Cooper [Wow, all En Vogue stylez.]


They don't make theme songs like that anymore. Bet some of those put a smile on your face!

No comments: