Monday 27 October 2008

I Fell Right Through The Cracks And I'm Trying To Get Back

I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

Allow me a second or two to mope. *sigh* Is it done for? Okay, I'm finished moping for now.

Was feeling ridiculously homesick earlier today. Blame it on scanning random photos of the city - Coal Harbour, Stanley Park, downtown. Started thinking about how I'm about to miss yet another Christmas in Vancouver and another snowboard season. The malls get stupidly busy and it feels super claustrophobic, but I love that holiday buzz that manages to seep into my bones. Christmas isn't the same without cold weather.

Have decided with my fellow 604-transplant Delz that come December, we're going to have a Christmas movie marathon. Home Alone, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf. The only thing that could make this list better is if somehow, someone could find me either a DVD or digital copy of Babes In Toyland with Keanu Reeves, Pat Morita, and Drew Barrymore - I must've viewed it over a hundred times in my childhood but it's been a lost love since. I think I still remember the words to almost every song. "My jeep's got 4-wheel drive." LOL. If you're in 852 and interested in joining, give me a holler.

Tried to cheer myself up the other day by spending too much money. Picked up the Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser For Mac despite a couple of bad reviews on Apple.com - a completely frivilous purchase. Have had zero problems with it so far and it's nice to type on a real keyboard instead of my laptop one . . . I've missed having a number pad. And of course, the keyboard was made for matchy-matchy prettiness.

No comments: